My mom recently told me that she thought she screwed up so bad raising us, that we would never would turn out right. It's so weird to hear those words echoing around in your head, bouncing about and settling down somewhere to gather dust. I swallowed hard at the thought of this, and decided whether to take it as an insult or compliment. Probably the latter of the two.


My dad is what I call a convient dad. He is there when it is convient for him. It angers me so. But if he wasn't the way he was, I wouldn't be who I am. Every time I talk to him on the phone, and he disappoints me once again, I don't feel sad. I feel mad, angry tears forming in the back of my eyes. This always sends a flash of my futures self excelling in school, travelling the world, being happy and helping others. It's like God reassuring me "don't be upset, there is a reason for all of this." My dad's selfisness drives my success. It fuels my determination. I know most girls want to marry a guy like their father, but I refuse to ever marry a guy like my dad.

Comments

Popular Posts