and i knew

I knew you were there. I felt you, again. I heard your voice, in that instant, I knew. The years that had come between us vanished as I watched my hands shaking, shoving my change into my pocket, not counting it or caring if I even got it back. The words I had perfectly scripted in my head, proved irrelevant as I fumbled to keep my composure. Your friend, purposely blocking you from seeing me, fate again at play. I turned and walked right out the door, my head protesting, my heart screaming, but my legs doing the right thing. Focusing on just walking one wobbly leg in front of the other, I swallowed hard tears back and wondered if you even saw me. I instinctively glanced up, and you were staring at me longingly through the glass window; That look that injects tremors into my stomach, and steals my breath with those ice blue eyes. The one that you gave me, the first time I ever saw you, and the one that makes the floor melt away. That intense stare, so deep, I feel completely stripped naked and vulnerable, and I love it. I smiled internally, as I got into my car, keeping my emotions deep inside, and if all I ever see of you again is that last look, than I'll be okay.

Comments

Popular Posts