engraved

I don't think I can ever see you again. There was whiskey, and the rain. The tension was unbearable, as you stared at me with those deep oil spill eyes. I can't stand it when you look at me. I was too out of reach, too real, too red with passion. I wanted to smash the glass wall you put in between us, so you could keep being fake, hoping others wouldn't see the act you were putting on. The plastic smile, the hiding behind your beer can, the trembling of your hands, the pure stinging emotion that is layered in your eyes. I fucking see it, I feel your stare burning me, when you think I'm not looking. I feel the branding heat of your touch. Your voice wraps itself around my spine. I fucking can't take you staying my name, grabbing my arm, leaning in close; your scent solidified to my skin. Get out of my head, unfurl your claws from around my throat. Take with you ever slight touch, soft whisper, half grin, every piercing word that has pricked my heart. I wish I never met you.

Comments

Popular Posts